Cube Orange+ Mini Set
Cube Orange+ Mini Set is equipped with high-performance dual-core H7 processor, H7 uses Cortex M7 double-precision processor, 400MHz CPU, Cortex M4 operating frequency 200mhz, 2 MB Flash, 1 MB RAM, this dual-core architecture provides high-performance and stable for flight solution. Compatible with ArduCopter, ArduPlane and ArduRover flight control software. The Cube Orange Mini Set is an open source flight controller and an upgraded version of Pixhawk 2.1 Cube Black.
The new Cube Orange+ Flight Controller
- Equipped with a high-performance dual-core H7 processor(STM32H757 Dual Core M7+M4).
- Upgraded triple redundant IMU sensors for extra redundancy.
- Two sets of IMU are vibration-isolated mechanically, reducing the effect of frame vibration to state estimation.
- IMUs are temperature-controlled by onboard heating resistors, allowing optimum working temperature of IMUs.
- The entire flight management unit(FMU) and inertial management unit(IMU) are housed in a relatively small form factor (a cube).
- Fully CubePilot Carrier Board compatible, all inputs and outputs go through an 80-pin DF17 connector, allowing a plug-in solution for manufacturers of commercial systems.
- Manufacturers can design their own carrier boards to suit their specific needs now and in the future. It is an open source flight controller which also is the upgraded version of Pixhawk 2.1 Cube Black.
- It uses the new STM32H7 chip, which is 4 times faster than the SMT32F4 in the Black Cube. Also, some sensors in the Pixhawk orange cube plus are much better than those in Cube Black.
- Cubepilot Cube orange+ can only be used with APM firmware, although the Cube black can be used with both APM and PX4 firmware.
- Cube Orange is an open-source autopilot and an upgraded version of the Pixhawk 2.1 Cube Black.
The Cube Orange+ (IMU V8)
- The Pixhawk Cube Orange+ target to education, drones lovers and professional cost-effective drone hardware providers.
- The new generation of more powerful H7 processor, stronger performance, faster, more secure,
- Triple-redundant sensors, temperature control shock absorption IMU.
- With the help of flight software, The Cube Orange+ can completely fly any remotely controlled aircraft, helicopter or multi-rotor vehicle and turn it into a more professional UAV platform.
- Pixhawk Cube Orange+ (Mini Carrier Board)
- Previously known as Pixhawk 2.1
Mini Carrier Board
The Mini Carrier Board for the CubePilot Cube Flight Controller open source autopilot allows the user to connect it to every version of the Cube Flight Controller. Smaller size with almost the same performance as standard carrier boards.
Functionality of Carrier Board Mini:
- Dual power input (for redundant power, automatic switch to another power when one fails)
- Power distribution (limit the current at each connector, avoiding overloading when one device draws too large current)
- Voltage protection (over or under voltage protection, the circuit will be shut down if the voltage exceeds the limit)
PPM S.bus signal and SPKT signal switching
By default, the cube purple carrier board uses PPM and S.bus in RC IN. If you want to switch it to SPKT signals, you need to solder the carrier board as shown below:
The middle solder pad of the left-hand side is shorted with 5v pin. Therefore, you need to break their connection on PCB. The middle solder pad of the right-hand side is shorted with PPM/S.B, so break their connection on PCB as well.
Solder the 3v3 solder pad with the middle solder pad at left-hand side; and solder the SPKT solder pad with the middle solder pad at right-hand side. So that RC IN port is compatible with SPKT signal.
For more details, please check the CubePilot official doc: