Set rtkbase in Mission planner Manual
Before starting to use it, please make sure that the hardware connection is correct:
Ground side: Connect the base antenna to the base station, then connect the base station module to the computer through a USB port; the Telemetry module is connected to another USB port of the same computer. UXV side: Connect F9P BASE Base to CAN interface, telemetry module to the TELEM interface on flight control.
- Open the Mission Planner
- Enter the initial settings
- Click on the optional hardware
- Click on RTK/GPS Inject you will see the following page:
- Set the base station port in the upper left corner
- Click connect
- In the SurveyIn Acc section, enter the absolute geographic accuracy that you expect your F9P RTK base station to achieve. In the Time field, enter the shortest search time you want.
- Click Restart (the ground station will transfer the data you input to the F9P RTK base station, and the base station will start a new round of search star positioning)
- You will see the following page: During the search process, the current search star positioning will be displayed in the box on the right side of the Mission Planner page:
- The position is invalid: The base station has not yet reached a valid location;
- In Progress: Search Star is still in progress;
- Duration: The number of seconds the current search star has been executed;
- Observation: the number of observations obtained;
- Current Acc: The absolute geographic accuracy that the current base station can achieve.
- The green vertical bar below Mission Planner shows the satellite and satellite signal strengths currently searched by the base station. The base station requires a certain amount of convergence time to meet your desired accuracy requirements. After testing, in an unobstructed area, it takes a few minutes to reach an absolute accuracy of 2m, and an absolute accuracy of less than 30cm takes about one hour, and it takes several hours (under ideal conditions) to achieve an accuracy of less than 10cm.
NoteThe absolute geographic accuracy of the base station here will affect the absolute geographic accuracy of the mobile station without affecting the relative accuracy of the base station and the mobile station. If your application does not require drones with high absolute geographic accuracy, you don’t need to set the base station’s accuracy too high, resulting in longer search times. Even if the accuracy of the base station is 1.5~2m, the positional accuracy of the mobile station relative to the base station can still reach the centimeter level.
Using NTRIP Network RTK Base StationMission planner supports NTRIP protocol to access CORS network RTK base station service instead of RTK base. Setup Tutorial:
- Set to NTRIP in MP Ground Station>Initial Settings>Optional Hardware>RTK/GPS Inject
- Click “Connect” to enter the URL.
RTK positioning status
- RTK Float is a floating point solution.
- RTK Fixed is a fixed solution.