JIYI Terrain Following Radar Manual
Know the product
1. Product Overview
The ground-like radar module uses millimeter-wave radar technology. Through continuous scanning of the radar, the aircraft can sense the terrain change in the flight direction, and adjust the flying height in time according to the terrain and crop height to achieve ground-like flight and ensure uniform spraying in flight . The ground-like radar module has stable detection performance and good environmental applicability, strong anti-interference ability, not affected by light, long detection distance, and has the characteristics of all weather and all day.
Features: 1. Strong penetrability (including fog, smoke, dust, light rain) is not affected by light; 2. Strong anti-interference ability, good environmental applicability; 3. Stable performance, detection distance of 15 m; 4. Power saving and high efficiency, The total power consumption is only 1.5W; 5. It works all day and all days; 6. Small size and light weight.
2. Identify the product
1. Adapted products and software versions:
K ++ firmware version after 190617 (including 190617)
Flight Defense Manager version number: V1.3.8 and later versions (including V1.3.8)
K ++ Assistant Software Version: V1.0.4 and later versions (including V1.0.4)
The radar should be installed without obstruction within 60 degrees below (as shown in the figure), as far as possible from water mist.
3.Instruction of installation position
Connect the CAN port connector of the ground-like radar to the 12V · CAN interface of the CAN HUB-12 module.
1. After the imitation ground radar module is installed and connected, open the app and enter the setting> expansion module> imitation ground module interface. After the imitation ground module displays the connected green words, the connection is successful;
2. Turn on the analogue radar channel switch on the remote control to enable the analogue radar function;
3. The terrain following sensitivity can be adjusted according to the different operating scenarios.
Open the app and enter the radar setting interface. You can select the terrain following sensitivity according to the different operating scenarios:
Low sensitivity: It is suitable for tall crops (such as sorghum, corn, etc.), and the imitation of the ground is gentle and the decline rate is limited. It can prevent falling and twitching caused by the fall of the high pole and the unevenness of the high pole.
Medium sensitivity: Suitable for most scenes and non-stalk crops (such as rice, wheat, soybeans, etc.). The speed of the simulation is moderate, and the response is moderate.
High sensitivity: It is suitable for demonstration effects and some non-operational entertainment occasions. It is sensitive to imitation, fast rising and fast falling.
Because the aircraft has limited climbing ability, it is not a high-sensitivity option. All sloped aircraft can climb up. For example, the aircraft’s horizontal speed is 6m / s, and the maximum slope is 15 °C -20 °C. If it exceeds this slope, the aircraft still cannot climb. At this time, the flight speed of the aircraft needs to be reduced, for example, the aircraft can be lowered to 4 ~ 5m / s or even lower.
1. After taking off, adjust to the appropriate height for the crop and return the throttle to the center.
2. Turn on the terrain following switch. At this time, the app will prompt “Terrain following successfully”.
3. Start the operation (if the throttle is out of the neutral position during the operation, it will exit the ground imitation mode)
1. In severe weather, such as heavy rain, heavy rain, typhoon, gale (wind speed above five), thunderstorm, hail, foggy weather, etc., the radar assisted altitude determination function may fail.
2. Under the condition that the speed of terrain change exceeds the vertical maximum maneuverability of the aircraft:
a. There is a large height drop in the normal operating environment (greater than 1 m, for example, there are ditches or ponds around it, sparse fruit trees or shrubs, and terraces).
b. The speed of the aircraft is too fast (greater than 5 m / s).
c. The surface of the object whose inclination exceeds the following values: 15 ° (aircraft speed 1 m / s), 6 ° (aircraft speed 3 m / s), 3 ° (aircraft speed 5 m / s).
3. If the distance between the aircraft and the measured surface exceeds the fixed altitude range (1.5–10 m), the radar-assisted fixed altitude function may fail.
4. Ensure that the pitch and roll angles of the aircraft attitude do not exceed 20 °.
5. Always pay attention to the relative height of the aircraft and the measured surface.
6. Use radar-assisted altitude fixing module according to local radio regulations and legal regulations.
To avoid possible injury and loss, be sure to observe the following:
1. Before use, make sure that the surface of the product shell is clean and free from stains and obstructions.
2. Before use, make sure that all parts are not damaged, loose, corroded, deformed, and the wire harness is not broken or damaged, otherwise it needs to be repaired or replaced.
3. After daily use, use a clean, damp cloth to wipe any dirt that may exist on the surface, such as residual pesticides, water stains, dust, dirt, etc. After wiping, keep the product dry.
4. The product should be placed in a dry and cool place after use to avoid the environment such as humidity and prolonged exposure.